Teaching yourself

What is the most important aspect for the educator? Is it the high grads that students archived, the teaching philosophy, or the success for students? Educator is not a prophet.It is hard for them to know what will happen in future. In my opinion, the purpose for the educator is to create a comfortable environment for students to learn, and training them to gain knowledge in various methods.

Based on the Chinese culture, the definition of the teacher is one who passes on the truth, imparts knowledge and solves puzzles. Students highly respect teachers, no distinction should be made between the noble and the humble or between the young and the old. Where lies the truth, there is a teacher. To be a good teacher is a challenge for the educator. First of all. In the class, the teacher explains the strategies to students. It gives students enough space to arrange study plan. I hate the emergency works. I know most of the people do like it. It is an opportunity for the students to understand now important in the schedule. Even in the class. Well-organized the workflow in the class and the coherence between each class is not only improve the efficiency during the study time but also as an example for students to show how to learn.

Besides, to build an academic and comfortable study atmosphere is a positive approach for students in learning. Especially in the art and design class. Sometimes, when the students present they have no idea about the projects. Then the teacher needs to rethink profoundly the teaching method. Is the student follow the teaching step? Or maybe they need more example to broaden horizon and support. In the art and design class, the easiest part is to teach the technical skills, like how to use the software in 2-D and/or 3-D as a tool for drawing. To prepare what you want to show and drawing in the software is the hardest part, which is the create section. Students have the limit study time in class and teachers have a very short time along with the students. Then, in my class, I will spend most of the time focus on how to gain knowledge. It is the same mean of ” Give a man a fish and he can ear for a day. Teach him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.”

The teacher will never always with students. training students how to learn and gain knowledge for the life is the advanced task for the educator. Learning for people around us, like the classmates, friends, and families is the ability to explore and gain knowledge in the ordinary lifetime that I will highlight and teaching students in the class. During the study time, the teacher enables to guide and give comments and suggestions for the student but never instead the students think and organized the study plan. I will encourage all the students not only following the steps of the teacher but also need to do in advanced.

8 thoughts on “Teaching yourself”

1. I enjoyed seeing teaching and learning from a different perspective than I’m used to, looking at it from a Chinese and art perspective instead of from applied science and an American culture. I agree with the main ideas you present in your blog post but I would express them a little differently. At the beginning you have this statement:

“In my opinion, the purpose for the educator is to create a comfortable environment for students to learn, and training them to gain knowledge in various methods.”

Instead of say a comfortable environment for learning, I would suggest we should create a safe environment for learning for students, where they know they can try, fail and succeed without fear. But I personally don’t want my classes to be comfortable. Comfortable means you can sleep, relax, zone out and are not personally or academically challenged. We do not grow very much when we are comfortable and not challenged. Even for such a different area of study, I’m sure that a challenge that might seem, at first, very hard or even impossible, will lead to creating, learning and personal growth.
    P.S. I like your art inserts, I always think after the fact that I should include some pictures in my blog posts

2. I agree that it was very interesting to view teaching and learning from a different perspective! I really appreciated your idea of being an example for students and encouraging students to continue to learn and grow and move beyond what is required.

3. So many interesting insights here — and thanks very much for the perspective on Chinese culture. I agree with Brittany about wanting to foster an environment that encourages people to experiment and grow.

4. Great post. I especially like the part about teaching a person to fish. I sometimes struggle with this in class, but I am trying how to adapt my syllabus to encourage this further.

5. portant aspect for the educator? Is it the high grads that students archived, the teaching philosophy, or the success for students? Educator is not a prophet.It is hard for them to know what will happen in future. In my opinion, th

6. er explains the strategies to students. It gives students enough space to arrange study plan. I hate the emergency works. I know most of the people do like it. It is an opportunity for the students to understand now important in the schedule. Even in the class. Well-organized the workflow in the class and the coherence between each class is not only improve the efficiency during the study time but also as an example for students to show how to learn.

Besides, to build an academic and comfortable study atmosphere is a positive approach for students in learning. Especially in the art and design class. Sometimes, when the students present they have no idea about the projects. Then the teacher ne

7. . Where lies the truth, there is a teacher. To be a good teacher is a challenge for the educator. First of all. In the class, the teacher explains the strategies to students. It gives students enough space to arrange study plan. I hate the emergency works. I know most of the people do like it. It is an opportunity for the students to understand now important in the schedule. Even in the class. Well-organized the workflow in the class and the coherence betwe

8. de between the noble and the humble or between the young and the old. Where lies the truth, there is a teacher. To be a good teacher is a challenge for the educator. First of all. In the class, the teacher explains the strategies to students. It g