Week 1: From fine artist to digital designer

As we all know that 21st century is the digital world. But, individuals are rarely to understand the purpose and impact of the network for the life. Internet is one of the essential parts of our social life even is hard for us to imagine in the couple-decades ago. It is also a platform for people to communicate, sharing the sources, learning and interactive with others. People, who may not know each other and have the different experience and interdisciplinary background, would discuss a topic through intellectual and/or emotional activities ideas. The blog is a basic form to collect all kinds of voice in the virtual world. Blog change our life, not the blog itself. Actually, the variety of ideas and concepts post on the blog effective our daily life. My educational experience is an example to show this point.

There is a gap between traditional art and the digital art. As the student graduate from fine art, I unable to understand why scholar define the digital artworks is an important part of contemporary art history. However, after I saw the artwork created by Detuch digital artist Daan Roosegaarde, my perspective changed. After I posted my thoughts on my blog and lot of friends added comments, which included positive and negative voice. We try to persuade the individuals who have the different understanding. In my opinion, it is the key to blog exists, or in other words, it is the respectability the blog play in the modern world.

5 thoughts on “Week 1: From fine artist to digital designer”

1. Hi Amy, Thanks.
      Unfortunatey I counldn’t find the original link of the blog about Daan Roosegaarde in 2013. But I remember the blog is an introduction to his Smart Highway project. (https://www.designboom.com/technology/smart-highway-by-daan-roosegaarde-wins-index-award-2013/)
      I knwo this project when I studied at London 2013. When I work for Beijing Design Week as the program manager after I graduated. Daan Roosegaarde is one of the guest speakers of Beijing Design Forum. His amazing thoughs inspired me to explore the digital art world.

1. Thanks for your post! I really appreciated your example of engaging with a topic where you had a different view from others and yet engaged in a meaningful discussion about it. What a great example!