About Me

There’s a scene in Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson that I think does a good job of espousing the difficulties of an “About Me” page.  Dr. Buddy Rydell (Nicholson) is leading a therapy session on anger management, which Dave Buznik (Sandler) is attending for the first time.  Buddy says to Dave, “Dave, tell us about yourself. Who are you?”  As you can see here, this question is sometimes difficult to answer. To describe some of my life, I’ll provide some details that I don’t necessarily think determine who I am.

My primary interests are ones of social equality. I love seeing innovative solutions to the problem of poverty, whether that means private or public sector, non-profit or social entrepreneur.  The Homeless World Cup and Bamboo Bike are just a couple examples of this innovation.  I love seeing these solutions particularly within the context of Christianity, as I believe that poverty is not just an economic or social issue but also a spiritual one, where the greatest poverty is not knowing God.  I want to see everyone have a chance to do what they are called to do.

As for who I am, I hope that the writing of this blog illuminates the appropriate answer as time goes on, rather than assuming I know the answer to that already.

2 Responses to About Me

1. Yvonne Brown says:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the “Sheer Good Fortune” Program. It was AMAZING to say the least!