A lost generation

recite-32096-1123133839-hqa2wz (1)

My thought is simple; has this happened? Has the day come that our human interaction is overshadowed by technology? And if that is true, do we have a “generation of idiots“? Technology has done so much for us and opened up countless possibilities and abilities that the generations before us hardly dared to dream of it (and of course there are the choice few who dreamed even bigger than reality and whose words we have been reviewing all year) Has it misplaced or rather replaced human interaction? I will be the first to admit, technology is wonderful thing in terms of communication and staying in touch with a loved one. But there is also the flip side of that coin, in which we find adults and teenagers tied to their mobile devices and younger children glued to a television screen. The younger generation especially seems to have increased the number of distractions and alternatives. Too often, children will choose to sit inside a dark room watching a movie, with hardly any social contact, rather than go outside and expand their minds in quite a different way. Mind you, I am mostly speaking of my personal observations and am playing devil’s advocate primarily. So many communicative measures; skype, facebook, twitter, oovoo, texting, snapchat, the list goes on. I feel like these new technologies, while beneficial, can also be very detrimental. The internet allows people to sit “safely” behind their computer screen and say whatever they want to whomever they want, many things which they would not say in a face-to-face encounter. This is just one example, but I am curious to see what the rest of you think about this concept. Was Einstein right?

9 thoughts on “A lost generation

1. Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make seriously articles I would state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your website page and up to now?
    I surprised with the research you made to make this particular
    put up amazing. Wonderful job!

2. Hi mates, how is everything, and what you desire to say regarding this article, in my view
    its genuinely remarkable in favor of me.

3. This is the perfect blog for everyone who really wants to understand this topic.

You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I
    personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new
    spin on a subject which has been discussed for decades.
    Great stuff, just great!

4. Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just
    too great. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like
    what you’re saying and the way in which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is
    really a great website.