Had our midterm exam this past Wednesday which went alright. Just barely got it submitted within the time limit wish I had had another half hour just to work on it without a late penalty. I think I spent too much time in the beginning trying to get the commands to return what I wanted that I didn’t have enough time for writing/fixing the scripts in one section. I attempted all 3 of the questions in that section even though we were only required to do 2/3, but after trying question 1, I was pretty sure I did it incorrectly and moved on to questions 2 and 3. I tried to fix the code on 2, but I didn’t know what the program was supposed to do, and I didn’t have time to look through the code to find out. I fixed the syntactical errors and hoped that was good enough then moved on to number 3. I had maybe 10 minutes left to write this script, and I think I got the bulk of it correct, but there were still some errors when I submitted it just because I didn’t have time to debug it. Hopefully it turns out better than I felt after submitting it.
In ECE 3574, we got our first GUI assignment which was kind of cool. It was rather basic, just setting of some buttons to do some things and display some dialog boxes. After getting the signal mapper to work properly, it wasn’t too difficult to write the code for each button. I did have one issue with getting the checkbox in the qerrormessage which controls whether to display the message again to work correctly. From reading through the documentation it seemed that the checkbox should have all the functionality already implemented, but this was not the case for my code. Whether the box was checked or not, the message was always displayed. Even after working with the TA we couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it. I ultimately just had to add my own qcheckbox widget to a qmessagebox and writing the functionality of it myself. Besides that one issue, the rest of the code only took maybe 3 or 4 hours to write everything, so not too bad.