Hei, Hej, Goddag

Just another Blogs@VT Sites site

By

Going out with a Bang

And then it happened – it was our last day in Scandinavia!

We started off with a company visit to Maersk, the world’s largest container shipping company. Although each company we had visited was very different from the rest, this felt like the most different to me because it’s a logistics company. We heard from HR, their Internal Consulting Group, and the Director of Key Clients. My favorite part of this visit was learning from the Director of Key Clients. She was very open and had so much experience–I could have listened to her all day.

Then we were off to our final company visit for the trip:  Carlsberg Brewery. (Great choice Dr. Hoopes!!) Not only was it a delicious visit, it was informative as well. Check out this collection of beer bottles.

IMG_2384 IMG_2382 IMG_2388

That afternoon I had a little quality time with the roomie and we did some final touristy stuff in Copenhagen:  Little Mermaid, Guards, Nyhavn (colorful waterfront), and shopping on the pedestrian street.

IMG_2409 IMG_2440 IMG_2444

We hurried back to the hotel for our final group dinner where Dr. Hoopes provided the results to our ScanTrip Superlatives. I was voted “Most Adventurous Eater,” and rightfully so! 🙂

The final stop on our Tour de Scandinavia?? Tivoli. It was a strange, magical place, and the perfect way to end the trip.

One Response to Going out with a Bang