Step Three (Picking Secrets) – 3/25

What I Did

1. I made a spreadsheet to keep track of my sources and assets.

2. I decided what I wanted to say in my pitch for Thursday. I will explain PostSecret and show the blog first. And then I will give a little background about Ginny’s story and what type of secrets I will be including.

3. I talked to Ryan about our projects.

4. I started keeping the following list of Ginny’s secrets, most of which I found on a Harry Potter wiki:

• Ginny has a huge crush on Harry Potter.
  • Ginny sent a valentine to Harry.
  • Ginny found Tom Riddle’s diary.
  • Tom’s diary started talking back to her – she confided in it.
  • Ginny is self-conscious about her family’s socioeconomic situation.
  • Ginny’s family thinks she’s sick, but she’s really being controlled by Voldemort.
  • Ginny starts to question if she’s the one opening the Chamber of Secrets.
  • Ginny can’t remember where she was on Halloween.
  • Ginny woke up with rooster feathers on her robes.
  • Ginny realizes that Harry has possession of her diary.
  • Ginny steals the diary back from Harry.

Why I Did It

1. I wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t lose any of my sources so that I can be sure to credit them later on.

2. I realize that my project requires knowledge of two things that some people do not know about: the PostSecret blog and the plotline of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. So I think I will need to first explain these two things in order for people to get an accurate understanding of what I want to do with my project.

3. Both Ryan and I are excited about our projects but haven’t necessarily nailed down the details yet, so we were getting feedback and sharing about what we want to do in order to hear what the other person thought. We were also giving each other ideas about some of the more creative parts of our projects.

4. I feel like it will be really helpful for my pitch to have a list of secrets already formulated so I can explain my project with more detail. This is also the next big step in my project: figuring out what exactly will go on my blog.