Step Seven (Work in Progress) – 4/8

What I Did

1. I figured out how to make the address image show up in my widget.

2. I tried setting up both a post and a page on my blog. A page doesn’t let me do lighter fonts. For a post, the heading isn’t as obvious. I have to decide which one is more important to me.

3. I found assets from the book: quotes from Ginny herself on pages 310 and 311 and poem for the Valentine’s Day secret on page 238.

• “I think I’m losing my memory. There are rooster feathers all over my robes and I don’t know how they got there.”
  • “I can’t remember what I did the night of Halloween, but a cat was attacked and I’ve got paint all down my front.”
  • “Percy keeps telling me I’m pale and not myself. I think he suspects me.”
  • “There was another attack today and I don’t know where I was.”
  • “I think I’m going mad…. I think I’m the one attacked everyone.”

His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,

His hair is as dark as a blackboard.

I wish he was mine, he’s really divine,

The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.

4. I found assets from the movie in the form of stills.

5. I found a font to use for Secret Two, the diary secret.

6. I changed around the wording for my secrets, but the order stayed the same.

1. I have a crush on Harry Potter.
  2. I found someone else’s diary… and it’s been talking back to me.
  3. I can’t remember what I did the night of Halloween, but a cat was attacked and I’ve got paint all down my front.
  4. My brother keeps telling me I’m pale and not myself, but I think I’m going mad….
  5. I think I’m responsible for Petrifying my brother’s best friend.
  6. I’m the one who sent Harry Potter that Valentine.
  7. Harry Potter saved my life.

Why I Did It

1. As stated previously, I wanted to make PostSecret exist in the Harry Potter world, so I wanted an address that reflected that instead of Frank’s address. But I want it to stay true to the PostSecret blog, so I wanted the address to match the “logo” font.

2. I wanted to see if setting it up as a page or a post would make it look more like the original blog, but they both have pros and cons, so I’ll have to decide which is better.

3. I want the secrets to be as true to Ginny as possible, so I want to use her words whenever possible. And then the poem will be inspiration for the design of that postcard.

4. These will also be more of inspiration than actual material I will use. I want the cards to reflect the movie, but it wouldn’t make sense to use actual screenshots since it’s supposed to be from Ginny’s perspective.

5. I thought it would be fun to make this match Tom’s actual handwriting.

6. As I stated, I wanted to make the secrets match Ginny’s actual words, so I reworded a bit to do this.