About Me Revision

My roommate (Katie) and me
My roommate (Katie) and me

I’m Sara Tinsley. I’m a junior English major at Virginia Tech with a dual concentration in Professional Writing and Literature and a Political Science minor. This blog was created for ENGL 3844: Writing and Digital Media.

My sister (Kelly) and me
Me and my sister (Kelly)

I was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, the youngest of two daughters. My parents met at Virginia Tech, and my sister followed in their footsteps two years ahead of me. So, when it was time for me to decide about colleges, the choice was obvious. I’m involved with Cru at Virginia Tech and I have a Bible study that I love; I’m also on the Fund Development team for Cru. I currently have three jobs – I work in the Virginia Tech baseball office; I work special events at the Grove; and I work in the box office at the Center for the Arts. I enjoy reading more than anyone I know, and I make it a point to read any and everything (but my favorite book is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett). I chose English as my major because I love reading, and I’m hoping to eventually get a job in the book publishing industry.

As far as the Internet goes, I’m a huge fan of PostSecret, the USA Today daily crosswords, Convos With My 2-Year-Old, BuzzFeed quizzes and Sporcle. Follow me on Twitter, although I’ll be the first to admit I’m terrible at tweeting and don’t do it very often. If you need some study music, check out Penguin Cafe Orchestra (I highly suggest making them a  Pandora station). If you need a study break, here’s my all-time favorite YouTube video.