Wood Joints

I never realized how many different options there were to join two pieces of wood other than a butt joint.  After our technical drawing discussion, Martha mentioned that we need to consider how the butt joint would affect or detract from the hierarchy and focus of the cube and also that it is one of the weakest joints.  This didn’t occur to me that I had this corner construction issue until I talked to Mark in the woodshop.  He asked me how I was planning on joining the corner and I thought wood glue was the answer, but he said that it wouldn’t be very effective because it would have opposing wood grains glued together.  Mark suggested that I look at the Joinery book by Gary Rogowski in the shop.  I found so many different options and possibilities that would be sturdy and effective in connecting two long-grain pieces.  I would definitely recommend spending some time looking at the book but in the mean time here is are the scanned pages of the table of contents with the name and image of each type of joint.
Wood joints

22 thoughts on “Wood Joints

1. My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

2. 416448 986680Thank her so considerably! This line is move before dovetail crazy, altarpiece rather act like habitual the economizing – what entrepreneur groovy night until deal with starting a trade. 486435

3. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all. However imagine if you added some great pictures or videos to give your posts more, “pop”!

Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this website could
    certainly be one of the very best in its niche. Superb
    blog!

4. I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
    This article has truly peaked my interest. I’m going to book mark your site and keep checking for new
    details about once per week. I subscribed to your Feed as well.

5. Wonderful posting! I, as well began workboxes the final 7 days of faculty not too long ago since I recently didn’t want to hold out. We submitted these days in the blog in relation to them, also! What a great strategy, also it looks like it works to get a wide variety types of home school mothers and dads!

6. With havin so much written content do you ever
    run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it seems
    a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement.
    Do you know any methods to help reduce content
    from being ripped off? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

7. Nutritious weight loss programs; what precisely are these people about? The idea of eating in the healthy method is undoubtedly probably the standard plans in relation to weight decrease. It is important to realize that even even though portion control is very vital, an individual should focus on making the very best healthy foods options. http://www.healthyiowamen.org