Center Welcomes New Student Assistants

This photo shows the head and shoulders of a young white woman with long blond hair and a big smile.
Lilly Weber, graduate assistant for the Center for Communicating Science. Photo courtesy of Lilly Weber

The Center for Communicating Science is thrilled to have on board for fall semester two undergraduate student interns, Catherine Watling and Sarah Propst, and for the 2020-2021 academic year a graduate assistant, Lilly Weber. We asked them to introduce themselves:

Hey! My name is Lilly Weber. I am currently a first year master’s degree student in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise. My focus is in clinical and exercise physiology. I completed my undergraduate degree at Virginia Tech in May with a major in public relations. During my four years in undergrad, I played for the women’s soccer team and loved every second of it! I learned so much through that experience, and being involved in athletics got me interested in the HNFE field! I am very passionate about health and fitness and I am very excited to join the Center for Communicating Science! In my free time, I am a personal trainer at Burn Boot Camp in Christiansburg or I am cooking/baking some yummy dishes.

This photo shows the head and shoulders of a young white woman with long blond hair wearing a green sweatshirt.
Sarah Propst, undergraduate student intern for the Center for Communicating Science. Photo courtesy of Sarah Propst

Hi! My name is Sarah Propst, and I am a senior majoring in materials science and engineering and minoring in professional and technical writing. I was drawn to materials science because I am fascinated by how microstructures affect macro-properties; I am interested in high performance materials that can withstand extreme environments such as high/low temperatures, high wear, high/low pressure, and corrosion. Outside of school, I enjoy anything outdoors, creating art, and listening to music. I am very passionate about sharing STEM and am excited to be an intern for the Center for Communicating Science!

This photo shows the head and shoulders of a young white woman with short red blond hair wearing an orange VT Engage t-shirt.
Catherine Watling, undergraduate student intern for the Center for Communicating Science. Photo courtesy of Catherine Watling

Hey! My name is Catherine Watling. I am a senior international relations and Spanish student minoring in professional and technical writing. My PTW minor has been great in giving me the skills I need to do practically anything! In my time at Virginia Tech, I’ve studied abroad in Spain, volunteered more at events like Big Event and Greeks Giving Back to give back to the NRV, and really gotten into fitness. I am excited to join the Center for Communicating Science as a fall intern to support scientific communication locally! Fun facts about me are that I work at the local boba cafe and love cooking.

Please join us in welcoming Catherine, Sarah, and Lilly!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.