I recieved my US passport!

As Dean DePauw as alluded to in our meetings, I was born in Sweden. However, last year I became an American citizen. It was a very happy occasion for me and my family. Recently I received my first United States passport, and its first use will be on our Global Perspectives trip. I am incredibly excited to go and cannot wait to see Italy and Switzerland and to meet our colleagues from Lund and Basel!

davethornblad

Hi everyone, I’m Dave. I am a third year PhD student in the Management department at Tech. I am very excited to go on the Global Perspectives trip and make lifelong memories. I was born in Sweden but moved to the USA when I was 2 or 3. I grew up outside of Chicago, but have lived along the Mississippi river, Kentucky, Miami, Orange County CA and now Blacksburg. I enjoy reading and hiking. I also love to teach and have been lucky enough to teach both undergraduate and graduate level courses at Tech. My main academic work is in the area of business strategy (how companies compete with one another) but more specifically how companies can be more competitive through technology and innovation.