1. What is life without the intoxicating adrenaline rush of dodging trivial human creations on a bicycle on your way to work? (the invention of the velocipede is clearly NOT trivial).
2. Hand-crank burr coffee grinders. My kitchen is my ashram.
3. Why have clean fingernails? I like to play in the mud. Some of us like to call this soil.
4. Fresh, bright orange egg yolks. My secret to baked goods.
5. I try not to “treat myself” with things, but experiences, such as a walk outside or a spontaneous bus ride with strangers to a strange place.
6. “Juke,” is a Senegalese term for a wild time. The origins of simple objects/concepts we use today and in our past are important to me.
7. I work so hard during each day that I have the best sleep of my life every night.
8. "a firm defense of quiet material pleasure is the only way to oppose the universal folly of the Fast Life."--Slow Food Manifesto.