Breakout Project Review

First of all, I like this game and I think this game is done very well. The code looks intuitive and efficient. It is a good idea to create different classes for game ball and bricks — good manner for object oriented programming. I agree with you guys on that using Qt and its QWidget is a easy way to implement it. I’ve used Qt for so many projects and I did believe it’s a great tool to build programs with simple GUI or even small games. But I do think Qt is way too large to install for those guys who don’t use it regularly. The game itself looks good in spite of some trivial glitch such as it is possible to knock the ball through the wall in some extreme situation. Overall its a great game with smooth game play but I do think you guys can work a bit more on graphic and key input logging. I do realize that it is hard to solve the key pressed delay since all key inputs are handle by OS and key press will be interpreted as a sequence of repeated key hits. However it is especially uncomfortable for this kind of game that requires fast reaction of the player.

2 thoughts on “Breakout Project Review

1. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost
    a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% certain.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. Hi! I could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after going through some of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m certainly happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking
    it and checking back frequently!