FAQ

Note: All students enrolled in the minor are also signed up for the MSOC Scholar site, which is the repository for detailed information about the minor. See your scholar site for details.

Who Is My MSOC Advisor? How Often Should I See Her? 

Your advisor is the MSOC director, Dr. Monique Dufour. She is happy to discuss your MSOC experience and questions with you. If you are making adequate progress through the minor, you do not need to check in every semester. If you are having difficulty meeting the checksheet requirements or need a substitution, please do contact her to help you to continue to make progress. Ms. Carol Sue Slusser can also help you with your questions and concerns.

May I Make Substitutions on My Checksheet?

Yes, but substitutions must be approved by the director. Please contact Dr. Dufour to make your substitution request.

May I “Double Count” Courses in the CLE and MSOC?

Some courses will count both for credit in the Curriculum for Liberal Education and the MSOC minor; double counting is also accepted for courses in other minors and majors. Only courses that already count for credit in the CLE will double count.

What if I Need to Drop the Minor?

Fill out the “Drop” section of the Change Major/Minor form and bring your signed copy to Carol Sue Slusser in STS, 121 Lane Hall.