Easter Festivities

I think this is one of the first times I’ve spent Easter away from my family. To some, that’s not a big deal, but we tend to do holidays together in my family. However, I have a family in Blacksburg that ensured that I had a great holiday. It started the day before Easter with brunch and an “egg hunt” at my friend Amy’s apartment. Our “eggs” were  little non-traditional, but we managed to have a great time and it was so efficient in the small space! There was even a special golden egg with a prize associated.

2014-04-21 08.04.122014-04-21 08.02.16

This rousing adventure was followed with an egg dyeing/painting contest. We were very pro-postit notes, and used those to help with voting.

2014-04-19 13.22.23

While I didn’t win that competition, my egg DID get a vote. (Second from the left, woohoo!)

On Sunday, I got to spend some more quality time with a family from my church. They have two daughters of their own and just decided to add in some “extras” since some of us couldn’t go home. The day was filled with lots of food and an epic Easter egg hunt. They had a list of rules, and there were four, let me say that again, FOUR different ways to “win”. Did I mention that winning involved a monetary prize? EPIC Easter egg hunt.

Easter 2014

Chris and Sarah St. Jean made sure that I had a great Easter Sunday, and I so appreciate their effort to take care of all of their “children”.

Easter 2014 (2)