So, I’m Megan. I live in Bel Air, Maryland (Baltimore area), but grew up in St. Louis, MO. My family is originally from NY (the Bronx) though, so some times a bit of an accent sneaks out. I’m Italian and Irish, half and half. I identify more as Italian, though. But that might just be because I love all pasta and cheese related things. Yum.
I’m an Architecture-turned-English major in my third year at Virginia Tech. I completed about 2.5 years of the architecture program before deciding that I’m more passionate about designing an experience for someone than I am about the (literal) nuts and bolts of constructing buildings. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2015 with a BA in English (creative writing focus), then to work towards an MFA in graphic design. Some other things about me:
- Coffee is great; I adore coffee. And tea. And caffeine. Yes, caffeine. I currently work for Seattle’s Best, so that’s a wonderful relationship.
- I follow football semi-religiously (depending on how well the Giants are playing).
- I’m a roller coaster fanatic
- I coach and play intramural volleyball.
- In my opinion, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, heck yes) is the best game that ever existed. And you’re on my blog, so when in Rome!
- I’m very interested in health and fitness, and make an effort to work out daily, even it it means waking up at 6 am, because who doesn’t love to torture themselves by sleep deprivation?
- I have a lovely little family of 9 tropical fish that I love very (probably disproportionately) much
- I’ve recently started writing a blog for a company called YouFolio
- I’m on the staff of the Silhouette Literary and Art Magazine as a graphics/layout designer.
For me, this class (and blog) is an outlet through which I hope to refine my writing and design skills in a way that is specific to digital media and takes advantage of the internet as a design and communication medium.