We hope this site will be useful for distributing information about the Virginia Tech chapter of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences. Check out additional information on the MAOP site. The organization is open to students and professionals of all racial and ethnic backgrounds and to majors in all related fields, not just agriculture. Come join us! Our email is virginiatech(at)manrrs.org
Why you should join MANRRS?
- Assists in diversifying the Natural Resources and Life Sciences workforce
- Helps foster leadership and community service
- Creates opportunities to build career & professional networks
- Identifies jobs and internship opportunities
- Works to link students with professionals to conduct and/or support research
- Provides opportunities to participate in regional and national meetings
You can contact the chapter advisors for further information by email [replacing the (at) with @], or join our listserv by following instructions below.
Dr. Chevon Thorpe, dunnings(at)vt.edu
Dr. Maryam Kamran
Dr. Chanita Holmes
Dr. Carola Haas, cahaas(at)vt.edu
We are still recruiting officers for 2021-2022 academic year. Our current e-board members are awesome and are looking for others to help share the load! Please consider joining a committee or running for office!
Current Executive Board:
Darby McPhail, Taelor Baber, Lindsay Hermanns, Njambi Gichuru, Kellie Johnson, Charlie Holguin, Trayda Murakami (returning spring 2022)
VT MANRRS is on Linked In! Please consider joining our VT MANRRS Linked In group, to connect with alums and view job and internship announcements.
See updates on our Facebook page. We are also on Instagram and Twitter as @manrrsofvatech. Ask an officer to add you to the GroupMe chat for up-to-the minute notices.
To subscribe to the listserv, firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Login to your VT Google account.
(2) In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Apps icon, which is represented by a grid of dots.
(3) Click the Groups icon in the bottom center of the display.
(4) In the search bar at the top, type in manrrs-g to locate our listserv.
(5) Click on the manrrs-g group. Then click Join Group.
For illustrations and more information, visit https://vt4help.service-now.com/kb_view_customer.do?sysparm_article=KB0010540#join and https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1067205?hl=en
For students who are interested in graduate school, this article has a link to Lavontria Miché Aaron’s list of fellowship and scholarship resources for under-represented students in STEAM fields. (A few opportunities listed are available for undergraduate students as well.) Check it out!