Here are some topics for discussion on Tuesday, If there are any other topics you want to talk about, feel free to comment and I’ll add them.
- Rat/Human mirroring
- Adaptability and spread with people
- Rats in too crowded conditions act differently, same with people?
- Cultural impact of standardized mice
- Differences in perception of mice and rats
- Mice as first deliberately domesticated species for one specific purpose, “Laboratorization”
- Ethicality of breeding lab mice populations when weighed against knowledge gained.
- Post-domesticity attitude towards lab mice as commodities.
- Similarities in domestication of white mice and domestication of humans
- Role mice have played in developing psychology as a science
- Effectiveness of naming test subjects in individualizing
- Role of rats and mice as biological machinery to test interfaces
- Similarities between religious and scientific sacrificing of animals
Source for Header Image: http://www.encore-editions.com/johnsons-book-of-nature-chromolithograph-53-harvest-mice-water-rat-barbary-mouse-common-rats-common-mice