Lawk Salih Resume
10854 Monticello Court
Great Falls, VA 22066
Over seventeen years of experience managing and delivering Information Technology solutions to major organizations and trade associations in Washington, D.C. and overseas. Excellent project management, budgeting and communication skills seeking to direct an information technology department of an organization striving to deliver scalable, agile, and a secure enterprise. Seasoned in Waterfall and Agile development lifecycle, disaster recovery, data management, and IT business continuity.
Search for Common Ground
Global Manager, Information Technology
04/17/2017 – Present
- Overseeing the administration and maintenance of the organization’s Global Information Technology infrastructure, systems, and applications supporting 600+ employees in 57 offices within North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
- Ensure support team provides exceptional customer service using Salesforce’s Desk.com ticketing system.
- Develop and enhance team processes to increase productivity using Change Approval Protocol and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensuring that all major operational activities, associated quality, and integrity are consistent with Change Management methodology and best practices developed internally.
- Oversee network and desktop security infrastructure ensuring they comply with policies
- Develop and update IT policies and SOP’s for infrastructure, support, and cloud-based systems
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key technology team members
- Effectively communicate project goals and expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Report on and analyze the progress of the projects, help desk response, and infrastructure
- Vendor and consultant management supporting Cisco Meraki MDM and Network management.
- Work with IT leadership to create departmental budgets, project timelines and deliverables.
- Establish and maintain standards and procedures for operational reporting and documentation.
- Provide technical leadership, clarity, and direction for on-site and global helpdesk and offshore vendors.
- Ensure technical standards and architecture designs are followed.
- Maintain status of high priority tickets and customers; reporting statuses to sponsor operational leadership.
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot Google’s Single Sign On Identity Management and integrations between Bamboo HR, Azure AD, Google GSuite, Nexonia, and SharePoint.
Cacon Print House
Director of Information Technology
05/01/11 – 02/02/17
- Developed and maintained plans that support strategic direction set by Cacon’s Board on the annual budget, projects and capacity building within the Information Systems department.
- Maintain and develop in-house applications to support internal and external quoting and invoicing system.
- Develop and administer IT policies and procedures based upon industry best practices to protect Cacon’s properties, reputation, and financial resources.
- Directly advise the Chief Executive Officer of IT requirements of current and future deployment of applications to improve the usability and scalability of current systems; workflows include the lifecycle of an entire printing process from the submission of the PDF file to the print house to product delivery.
- Provide flawless and customer-centric support services that are responsive, innovative, and cost-effective.
- Develop annual budget and monitor ongoing financial performance, including sales.
- Restructure LAN/WAN services to implement Web caching, bandwidth management, load balancing utilizing Barracuda appliances, improving security and authentication services within a Windows Active Directory domain environment.
- Assist the Chief Executive Office in reshaping the organizational structure to improve employee morale and productivity
- Increased revenue by 35% within six months.
- Reviewing of contracts, proposals and RFPs including vendor management to deliver raw material and IT services.
- Implemented company-wide Google Apps for Work
- Utilized WordPress content management system as website’s backend WCMS.
- Utilized Barracuda load balancing products due to continuous ISP interruptions; currently using two ISP SLAs.
Xendan News and Media
Executive Director, IT & Web
05/01/11 – 07/13/2015
- Planned, coordinated, directed, designed, and managed all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhanced system and Web operations.
- Collaborated directly with the executive management team and decision makers within the Board of Directors to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Participated in the strategic and operational processes of the business organization as related to IT Systems.
- Developed, tracked, and controlled the Information Technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Provided direct supervision to the Manager of IT Services and Support, Project Portfolio Manager, and Manager of Application Development.
- Researched trends and security issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Promoted and oversaw strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Introduced FM radio uplink via satellite (NileSat) and used 24-channel Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2 mixer and AKG microphones; broadcasting frequency was 107.5
Navy Mutual Aid Association
Manager, Web Development
08/17/09 – 04/15/11
- Integrated data from multiple data sources including Microsoft SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 using Web Service, SOAP.
- Designed and developed custom .NET components, business objects, and user control using ASP.NET and C#.
- Collaborated with the association’s test and quality assurance team before releasing the WebAPP.
- Created technical documentation covering the changes and improvements to the business requirements, Content Management Systems, Database Migration, and product changes.
- Assisted marketing and new business department with the integration of Salesforce CRM (SFDC) and Marketo to capture Web leads.
- Developed project plans, functional designs, and detail design documents
- Implemented extensive data caching in ASP.NET and C# to overcome data latency performance bottlenecks.
- Worked with outside consultants to deploy applications to QA and development environments.
- Trained the association’s IT team members in implementing new CMS and DMS workflow applications.
- Migrated data from Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (DTS) to Microsoft Server 2008 (SSIS)
- Participated in disaster recovery planning meetings with IT Manager and System admin to develop DR protocol and policies presented to VP-Technology.
- Managed technology consultant vendor to assist with development and data cleansing.
United States Telecom Association (USTelecom)
Manager, Web Technologies
05/07/07 – 08/14/09
- Developed dynamic multi-tier web applications running on Windows Server 2003 and IIS.
- Created and maintained databases utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to host list of Webinar attendees.
- Installed and configured Ektron CMS 400 as backend content management system to publish web contents.
- Developed analysis and strategies to improve daily site visits utilizing Urchin web analytics
- Managed outsourced consultants for graphic and adobe flash development (Optiem)
- Conducted search engine optimization best practices to increase website hits
- Hosted and assisted VP of Technology with telecom-related webinars
- Led implementation and integration of new association management system (AssociationAnywhere, by ACGI Software)
- Participated in PCI compliance implementation process part of the new AMS system integration
- Used Authorize.net as API for membership renewals on ustelecom.org
National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC)
Manager, IT & Web Systems
09/13/06 – 05/04/07
- Managed NARUC’S overall Information Technology Infrastructure and Web technologies.
- Coordinated the installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives as necessary.
- Consulted with vendors to improve systems continuity and disaster recovery.
- Connected users to the network and provided initial training hardware and applications.
- Administered Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange servers.
- Provided a weekly update of file usage to all staff and ensured that all stay within the acceptable limits set by NARUC.
- Provided input to the Director of Finance and Administration necessary for short and long-term equipment purchases (laptops, servers, etc.) and long-range equipment budgeting.
- Updated as necessary, NARUC’s Acceptable Use Policy for computer equipment.
- Developed NARUC websites including affiliates websites and International Department websites utilizing Microsoft.Net framework, and LAMP stack for smaller information-only web pages.
- Maintained NARUC CMS written in ColdFusion before the site was redesigned and redeveloped.
- Assisted with the maintenance of databases and list-serves of members and conference attendees.
- Interpreted and reported site statistics on regular basis, and made recommendations for improving traffic and the site’s effectiveness
- Negotiated and managed SLAs for voice and data with Avaya and XO Communications.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI)
02/28/03 – 09/12/06
- Oversaw daily production, operation, and logistics of website content and development.
- Integrated and modified Ektron Content Management System to develop a database driven dynamic website for refugees.org
- Used Convio modules to enhance the advocacy capabilities of the USCRI’s website and CRM to maintain constituent’s record information.
- Reviewed and evaluated business processes regarding fundraising and data cleansing.
- Identified processes and systems to improve Web functionality
- Maintained dedicated servers for all Web portals utilizing Microsoft Server operating system.
- Managed an SLA with Rackspace for dedicated Web servers for both application and database
Free Iraq Foundation
04/99 – 02/03
- Managed site development and maintenance, template design and Web marketing strategies
- Oversaw IT personnel including work allocation, performance reviews, and problem resolution while fostering a cooperative work environment
- Developed, designed and maintained multiple community-based websites
- Configured backend systems to generate online membership forum utilizing CGI scripts.
- Produced CGI-driven forms (contact us form)
- Created and optimized web graphics
- Oversaw web users and servers
- Generated and analyzed weekly and monthly Web metrics reports using Urchin software for multiple site profiles
- Supported projects funded by USAID, DoD, and State Department.
- Managed SLAs for voice and data
Software and Hardware:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 SE, Active Directory, SharePoint, Office Suite, IIS 5/6, and Visual Studio 2005/2008. Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium, LAMP, Terminal Services Client, MS SQL and MySQL database engines, Urchin WebMetrics, Google Analytics, Enterprise, and Various FTP Clients. Cisco PIX Firewall 535 with Failover, Cisco Call Manager Express Appliance, Cisco Catalyst 3500XL Series Switches, Barracuda Link Load Balancer 430, Cisco Aironet 1200 Series Wireless Access Point, Cisco Catalyst 3500 Series, Cisco Meraki MX64, MX65W, MR 18, MR33, Cisco MS220-P Switch, Dell PowerConnect 5548 Switch.
Content Management Systems:
Ektron CMS 300/400.Net, DotNetNuke, ExpressionEngine, Joomla, Drupal, WordPress
Master of Information Technology in Business Information Systems
Virginia Tech, Falls Church, Virginia
Expected Graduation: 2019
Bachelor of Science, (2011)
Strayer University, Arlington, VA
Major: Information Systems | Minor: Web Development
Awarded Second Place in the Fairfax County Public Schools Web Design Contest. 1998.
REFERENCES: Available upon request.