NRV Bridal Showcase

A big part of PR is event planning, and I’m so excited to be part of my first “big event!” Although I had no part in the actual planning stages, I will be volunteering at the 5th annual New River Valley Bridal Expo this Sunday September 28th. This is a charity bridal event, with proceeds going to Brides Against Breast Cancer. Vendors from all over the area will be coming to the Inn at Virginia Tech at 8am this Sunday and taking over the entire ballroom at the Inn. In case you’re not familiar with the place- it’s huge. The brides will arrive at noon and get to sample a little bit of everything wedding related- from rings to party favors, they’ll have it all! There will be dresses, modeling, accessories for sale, and lots of food.

I met with the President and Founder of New River Bridal this evening. As a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), those of us working for “the firm” (Ut Prosim PR!) will be working with Marivic Gallimore directly to help with their public relations efforts this year. Marivic- a certified wedding planner and event coordinator- is very welcoming and excited to have PRSSA working with her company. I’m grateful for the opportunity to gain some experience, as well as simply being part of such a big event locally!  I hope to follow up later on how the expo goes. For now, take a look at NRV Bridal’s social media pages, and check out this video from the bridal expo last year!

NRV Bridal Expo-Facebook

NRV Bridal on Twitter

About Kristin Sorenson

Aspiring PR professional. Virginia Tech '14. Spanish. Communication. Professional Writing. Winchester, VA. ¡Pregúntame sobre mis experiencias en Ecuador!
This entry was posted in Blacksburg and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.