The Setup

This next blog post is brought to you with inspiration from The Setup. Here’s mine!

Who are you, and what do you do?

I am Kristin Sorenson. Right now I’m a student at Virginia Tech, reluctantly graduating in December 2014. I like studying Spanish, communication, social media, and being crafty. I love traveling, and really miss Ecuador.

What hardware do you use?

My main hardware squeeze is my Fujitsu laptop. Clunky, not cute, designed for engineers- and I love it. It’s not sleek and I’m not a fan of making every day a ruck march with this 8lb brick, but it serves me well.

My iPhone- for better or for worse- is like an 11th finger. It’s probably my biggest distraction. It likes to freeze and do mean things to make me mad, so although we spend lots of time together, it’s a love/hate.

I’m a big fan of all things old-fashioned. My notebook and planner follow me everywhere. There’s just something about writing tasks and check boxes, taking (often illegible) notes by hand, and putting ink on paper that I just can’t shake. I don’t like using online calendars or my phone to keep track of things. I have to write it down, and see it on paper, preferably with pretty colors involved.

My handwriting changes according to the utensil I’m using. Pilot ink pens produce effortlessly sprawling scribbles , while Papermate ink pens  make my handwriting stiff, print-like, and forced. I enjoy writing in fine-tip Sharpies the most.

Sticky notes also hold a special place in my heart.

And what software?

Call me crazy, but Microsoft Word is my go-to. I think it’s a comfort thing. I’m just so used to it. It’s the program with which I’m most familiar, and it’s so basic that I can accomplish most of what I need in there.

I have ventured into Google Docs and do store a lot of information and in-progress work there as well. It’s my preferred method of sharing.

I am in love with Twitter and check it incessantly. Whether it’s my personal page or the page of the toy store I’m working for, I’m checking trends and news constantly. I’m always looking for ways to connect.

Also, Gmail. Gmail, Gmail, and more Gmail.

What would be your dream setup?

My dream setup would be a big wooden desk in a mid-sized room, with big glass windows looking out into the mountains (preferably the Andes, Alps, or Rockies), with a vanilla candle, a hot cup of green tea, my painting of Quito, Ecuador, some bookshelves with my favorites, my clunky Fujitsu, a pretty notebook, and  cups full of fun pens.

About Kristin Sorenson

Aspiring PR professional. Virginia Tech '14. Spanish. Communication. Professional Writing. Winchester, VA. ¡Pregúntame sobre mis experiencias en Ecuador!
This entry was posted in Digital Media, Fun. Bookmark the permalink.