Leave a Message After the Tone

Remember when your parents made you record the family voice mail message as a kid? Did you love or hate that? I’ve never particularly enjoyed hearing the sound of my own voice. I’ll have to suck it up though because two of my classes have projects dealing with just that. (Gag me with a spoon).

We’re all writing digital narratives for my English class. It’s taking the traditional essay to the next level- using audio and visual elements to bring it more to life, or to leave less to the imagination, however you’d like to see that. I don’t want to give my masterpiece-in-the-making away, but I’ll give you a hint: it’s an Ecua-story. Woohoo!

On a more professional note, my marketing course has us doing personal branding videos. This requires not only hearing, but seeing yourself as well! I’m at such a loss as to what to say. Who am I, really? What do I want others (employers, internet surfers, random people on the streets…) to know about me? This one will certainly require some deeper thinking.

I’m currently in the recording stages for my narrative., and boy do I speak at a million miles an hour! Once I slow the script down and add the appropriate material, I might have to face the inevitable material-cutting point. But what to take out? What to leave? Is it ok to say this sentence a little faster than the rest to fit another part in? Can I slow this one down more without losing too much precious time? Does this word make me sound Southern?

We shall see. Rough draft presentations Wednesday. It’s about to get real; stay tuned.

About Kristin Sorenson

Aspiring PR professional. Virginia Tech '14. Spanish. Communication. Professional Writing. Winchester, VA. ¡Pregúntame sobre mis experiencias en Ecuador!
This entry was posted in Digital Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.