About me

My name is Kristen Felice Noble. I am a chemist and PhD candidate at Virginia Tech. I am excited to be working toward my goal of becoming an educator and researcher while advancing my knowledge of analytical chemistry. I am also passionately involved in chemistry/STEM outreach and look forward to continuing my efforts to inspire young scientists through demonstrations and chemistry “magic shows”.

My graduate research area is primarily analytical polymer chemistry, advised by Professor Bob Moore. I completed my undergraduate education at West Virginia University in 2011, earning BS degrees in Chemistry and Forensic & Investigative Sciences. My undergraduate education included classes in chemistry as well as microscopy, crime scene photography, blood spatter analysis, and latent print development and comparison. Between my undergraduate and graduate studies, I worked as a criminalist for the NYPD crime laboratory.

I currently reside in Christiansburg, VA with my partner, our dog, and (a few) cats. I play soccer (when I can) and enjoy coaching youth girls soccer for New River United Soccer Club in the New River Valley. I am originally from Long Island, NY.