Introductory Blog

Hello everyone! My name is Kimberly Harry and I am a third-year Ph.D. student in Industrial and Systems Engineering. I go by she/her/hers. Currently, I work as a GRA for my advisor in the department. On campus, I am a facilitator for the VT PEERS (Virginia Tech Partnering with Educators and Engineers in Rural Schools) program, exposing and inspiring middle school students’ interest in STEM fields.

I am excited to take this class because I want to learn about the different aspects and impact that Diversity, Inclusion and Equity have on higher education, but also learn how, I as an educator can support this initiative when I transition into academia. I believe all people are valuable and enrich not only our society but also our individual experiences in a profound way.

In my free time, I like to travel and mentor our future generation scholars. I am always looking for an opportunity to learn something new and to contribute in a positive and impactful way. I am so excited to learn and grow with you all this semester and beyond!

One Reply to “Introductory Blog”