Information Page – Thoughts Behind the Design

This page serves to inform my audience of the tools, design decisions and content with my Word Press page.

Theme: Under the appearance tab I choose a very simple theme so I could add pictures and make the page my own. The theme is titled “Twenty Ten.” As my Word Press title states I like to keep it simple and I hope to make my site original through the use of pictures and smaller more subtle details.

Customize: I also added a tagline to the top header of my site which reads “My Experiences as a Developing Professional Writing Minor”. I also changed the background color from white to black. I think this adds a dramatic effect but I am also considering maybe using another color such as burgundy or lavender as I continue to develop my page.

Pages: I changed some settings the header so our 3 portfolio projects are under the drop down label, Class Portfolio. I think this eliminates a lot of clutter from my home page. I also made my Welcome page my static page, which I hope to update with some quotes and pictures.

Widgets: Currently I have 5 widgets displayed on my page which includes search, recent comments, tags, calendar, and archive. For right now I think that is all that is necessary but I plan to keep updating my site as it begins to serve a more specific purpose. I also hope to keep the calendar up to date with the process of our class as well as due dates.

Please feel free to contact me at jennrich@vt.edu or comment below with any questions or concerns!