My Shoes

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”
-spoken by Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

The shoes of Karli – not quite stilettos but not quite cowboy boots. My shoes are unique (or so I think)! I was born and raised in Stafford, Virginia by a loving and supportive family. My parents always pushed me to make my mark in the world and develop myself as a unique individual, and that journey began at college. I’m a sophmore at one of the greatest colleges – Virginia Tech! Currently, I am a dual major in “International Studies” and “Religion and Culture”. These two passions have led me to explore the world in order to better grasp the way it works. As a proud Hokie and avid traveler, I will be taking off for a new journey in life beginning January 2012. Studying abroad for 4 months has always been a dream, but now it’s becoming a reality. Guess you can say im spoiled!

But this journey is more than a luxurious vacation – it is a life shaping experience. This blog (my first if I might add) is an attempt to put myself into the shoes of others so that I may gain a greater perspective of people. My dream to make a difference in the world starts with understanding the people in it. Trying to better understand others so that I can better understand the world. Embark on this journey with me as I seek to put myself in others’ shoes. Where will these footsteps take me? Who knows? That’s the most exciting part of this journey!