Happy Thanksgiving Educators!

With Thanksgiving break, I am reminded of just how much I have to be thankful for!  In the spirit of PFP, I want to focus on how fortunate I am to be able to earn an advanced degree.  This is a privilege that only a small portion of the population are able to pursue, so am grateful for that opportunity.  And I am especially happy to be working towards a professoriate position.  I have heard the phrase that “Teachers make all other professions possible.”  To me, this feels like one of the most empowering jobs to pursue because of that statement.  We can play such a vital role as educators to prepare the next generation of the workforce.  Being a graduate student can come with a lot of stress at times, but I think we can more often acknowledge how fortunate we are to be able to be in this position.  At this time of giving thanks, I am focusing (as best I can) on how grateful I am to be able to earn an education and help others through education also.  I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving break with much to be grateful for!