It’s That Time Again…

0

Middle of December has hit us now. It’s time for most of us to wrap up our exams and head home. Another semester has come to an end. And let me tell you, college goes by like a speed of light. Sounds cliche but it feels like I just started this semester a day ago. I don’t know where the time has gone. It feels like this every semester… and every year. As the years pass, I realize that my workload and toughness within the work will become bigger and harder. While I’m a little excited for all this work to be over (plus the student loans!), I’m having so much fun at school with my Virginia Tech family that there is a bitterness that I feel at the same time. There are mixtures of feelings that often feel confusing and ambiguous and I can’t wrap my head around the idea that in a few years, I must face the real world (or go to graduate school). Is it bad that I don’t want all the responsibilities that will be presented for me? I hope somebody out there feels my pain as well.
This year, however, is a little different. Not only do I feel sad about another semester passing by, I am also leaving Virginia Tech. That’s what I call double whammy. I will be attending the College of William and Mary next semester. Why you ask? Why leave the great Virginia Tech and their nationally ranked foods? Well, I came to a conclusion that I need more of a liberal school to fulfill my goals and dreams. I came to Virginia Tech because since the beginning of high school, it was a school I wanted to go to. I saw the beautiful campus, the ambiance, the people, and so much more and was automatically captivated by this school. And so I came here. It’s not that I don’t like Virginia Tech anymore. Actually as the semesters go by, I make stronger friendships and meet great professors so it’s harder to leave this place. My reason for leaving is that I believe I deserve the highest form of education that can be provided for me concerning my major and goals. Currently I am an English major and will double major in History when I go to College of William and Mary. I came to a conclusion that the “best” of me cannot be achieved here but over there. However my reasons aside, it frightens me to think that I will have to start all over again. I need to make new friends, take new courses, learn the campus, and the list goes on. It’s as if I am a freshmen all over again (since I also have to go to orientation). But, I believe that things will turn out alright as long as I try my hardest. And that’s what I’ll do.
I CAN DO IT!