How diversity can be worked

It is obvious that being around people who are different from us makes us more creative and innovative. Theoretically, there are numerous benefits of diversity. However, as Phillips mentioned that the first thing to acknowledge about diversity is that it can be difficult. It is truly difficult in other countries; the mention of the word “diversity” can lead to more than anxiety and conflict, one can be to lose one’s job and their livelihoods, even worse, one might need to move to find a new place to live.

In the U.S., from my perspective, the dialogue of inclusion is very advanced, therefore, I’m always thinking how diversity can be worked in my country, or any other countries as increasing numbers of benefits of diversity i found in the U.S. Strategically, we should think about how we can adapt the concept of diversity into our education setting and society without all the problems discomfort, rougher interactions, a lack of trust, greater perceived interpersonal conflict, lower communication, less cohesion, more concern about disrespect, as Phillips listed. It is complicated, and it can be achieved when we discuss as a whole group of society, not discuss only in universities.

One Reply to “How diversity can be worked”

1. Interesting blog! This is the same as what I also think about: what would happen if we incorporate diversity into my country; it definitely be chaos. But I think it is our responsibility as a young member of our society to promote diversity to reach the point that interacting with different people from the sociocultural background will be rewarding, not complicated or problematic.