Medical research reveals that a healthy eating habit is a healthy living habit. However, despite this revelation to the public, a lot of Americans finds it difficult to adhere to this fact or truth. This is because many people are too engrossed with their work to the extent that they do not have enough time to be cautious about what goes into their stomach. Instead, they would rather go for any fast food that will sustain them for the day. I am also guilty of this most times but not all the time because I am aware that healthy eating equals healthy living. Also, based on my belief, I know our body as human is the temple of God and so we must take care of it both inwardly and outwardly because not taking care of it literally means one is defiling his or her body.
According to medical researchers from Havard, to ensure healthy eating one should eat more plant-based food than animal-based food. As stated by them, that doesn’t mean everyone should totally become a vegetarian but it means one can reduce the intake of meat as low as possible.
I will be sharing top 5 ways in cooking fast and easy meal that will produce a plant-based diet.
1. Make a weekly meal plan: this entails writing a meal plan for the week to help your shopping easier and to help you buy what you only need or that are required to cook the meals stated in the planning list
2. Keep your refrigerator stocked with staples: this implies that all your ingredient are prepared and kept in the freezer. that way if you have to rush out to go to work, you already have your ingredient available to make your quick food, you don’t have to go or plan going to the store to get them.
3. Take advantage of shortcuts: This implies buying precut produce like precuts veggies, fruits etc. and also buying in bulk to save time and money.
4. Always read the Nutritional facts of the every product you buy
5. Shop food that will influence a plant based diet: These are vegetables; oils like olive oil, nuts and nut butters oil, seeds oil, and avocado oil; oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, or barley; Fruits; beans, peas.