If you’re thinking of optometry as a career, this live on-line event is for you! This FREE event allows you to meet admissions representatives and learn about their programs through live chat sessions on June 11, 2019. You can even upload your resume beforehand so they can gauge your competitiveness. Register here.
The West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV invites you to attend one of their Summer Mini Open House events. While on campus, you and your guest will visit their state-of-the art facilities, interact with members of the WVSOM community, and enjoy a delicious lunch provided by the school’s own chef.
These smaller open house events are an excellent way to experience WVSOM, so be sure to register early as space is limited. Choose to attend on June 10th or July 15th. More information and the sign-up can be found here.
Virginia Tech students and alumni are cordially invited to attend an Open House at one of the three locations of the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM):
Friday, June 7, in Bradenton, FL
Friday, June 21, in Greensburg, PA (LECOM at Seton Hill)
Friday, June 28, in Erie, PA
At this event you will have the opportunity to learn more about LECOM and all that it has to offer. In addition to demonstrations and tours, there will be plenty of time to speak directly with our students, faculty, and staff. Families and friends are welcome. We ask that you choose a location and then RSVP as instructed through the link below:
VCOM-Virginia is hosting their Spring Open House on April 27 from 1-5 PM! You can join them by registering here
Open House is a great opportunity for you and your guests to explore all that VCOM has to offer! During Open House, participants will have the opportunity to tour campus and facilities including our Anatomy Lab, Simulation & Technology Center, see osteopathic manipulative treatment in action, ask questions of a student panel and more!
If you are considering a gap year and are looking for a program to improve your GPA, the Johns Hopkins University Post-Bacc Health Science Intensive still has a few seats available for their incoming class of 2019!
This full time, one year program has an acceptance rate of 94% within two medical school application cycles, and their innovative curriculum is created to bolster a student’s medical school application by helping them identify who they want to be and how to get there. By focusing on a student’s individual needs through attentive advising, they develop individual strategies for thriving students and successful applications. For more information on the Post Bac program, please visit advanced.jhu.edu/HSI.
Dr. Susie Goolsby, Director of Student Recruitment, Admissions, will hold 20-minute one-on-one student appointments on Wed., April 24, 2019.
Appointments are open to VT students who are not in the current application cycle (you applied through AADSAS last summer therefore you are not eligible for an appointment at this time).
- Signups start at 9:00 am on Wed., April 17.
- If you complete the Google form https://forms.gle/GmqmEhhmpEjwP4Ai8 you will added to a callback list. This link not active until 9 am on 4/17/19.
- Signups will remain open through 2 pm on Thurs., April 18, but be aware that we will be calling students in the order of registration.
- Starting at 2 pm on Thurs., April 18, HPA will phone names on the list in the order of sign-up and, if the call is not answered, will move to the next name on the list. We will not make second calls nor leave voice messages.
- Students who sign up but are not selected will be emailed on Fri. April 19.
BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE of Virginia is Hosting a Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) Open House for any student including students interested in entrance in the Summer 2019 cohort on Saturday April 13, 2019 from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
MSAT Open House Will Include:
- MSAT Program Presentation: Includes information about the academic curriculum, admissions process, financial aid, and off-campus life.
- Campus Tour: Student-guided tour of the on-campus academic buildings, clinical settings, and student-life facilities.
- Q&A with MSAT Students: Prospective students will have an opportunity to ask a panel of current athletic training students questions regarding academics, clinical experiences, off-campus housing, and others they may have about being a graduate student.
- Complementary Lunch: Be our guest for lunch in the College’s KCC Dining Hall with MSAT faculty and athletic training students.
- Q&A with MSAT Faculty: Prospective students will have an opportunity to ask MSAT faculty any remaining questions prior to departing for the day.
Register for Bridgewater College’s MSAT open house here