Georgetown School of Medicine is offering a paid internship opportunity for up to 6 undergraduates and/or graduate students interested in being part of a dynamic, student-led team charged with finding innovative solutions to problems in education, medicine, health care, policy, and diversity work at the Georgetown University School of Medicine (GUSOM).
The internship is a summer long program and a wonderful chance to join a fast-paced, start-up styled team in higher education. Undergraduates would work specifically in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion as Innovation Associates and the summer internship will run from June 3rd to August 12th, 2019. They are accepting applications until April 5th at 5PM EST. GUSOM has rolling admissions, so early applications are highly recommended. All students are encouraged to apply!
Our goals are to:
- Support, and advance community outreach and pipeline programs within the District of Columbia high schools and college (nationally)
- Benchmark, collect data, and create presentations on diversity strategies across the country and across different sectors and adapt them to the school of medicine
- Build a supportive community on campus that connects students, faculty and staff and feature our diverse populations
Program Dates & Benefits:
- Dates: June 3 – August 12, 2018
- Interns are paid hourly at $13.25!
- Social Entrepreneurship Experience: We’re a new, exciting start-up styled team at the School of Medicine, Office of Diversity and Inclusion. If you’re interested in getting some first-hand start-up experience with an exciting team, you’ll learn a lot from this meaningful opportunity and contribute in ways that matter.
- Rich Teaming Experiences: Practice your skills in collaboration with a dynamic team and work directly with the Senior Associate Dean, Dr. Susan Cheng.
- Mentorship: Direct mentorship with supervisor and 1-1 career coaching and development.
- Prime Networking Opportunities: Opportunities to grow your own professional network in higher education and at the School of Medicine as you collaborate with our team!
Please apply online here
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by April 5th, 2019 at 5PM EST.