Working Title: Employee Wellness Program Assistant
About Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 30 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 30 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
Position Summary: Virginia Tech Hokie Wellness works to provide programming and resources that will enhance employee and student health and productivity by focusing on the physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all university employees and their families. Virginia Tech Human Resources Department seeks qualified student candidates for the Program Assistant position under the Hokie Wellness employee program. As part of a small team, the program assistant for Hokie Wellness will assist in most areas of the program. This includes planning and working events, maintaining the website, promoting programs via social media, content development for website, programs, and presentations.
- Health/Wellness-related experience (either through academic – HNFE/PHS major – or work)
- Customer-service experience
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Be able to perform light exercise for up to an hour
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (on rare occasions)
- Self-starter and initiative to go above and beyond
- Strong, creative writing abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to communicate professionally with businesses and co-workers
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) knowledge
- Help plan and execute events for 30-1000+ people
- Promote Hokie Wellness and its events through use of social media
- Assist with presentation preparation and presentations
- Assist with preparing program reports and evaluations
- Help manage website (simple HTML knowledge is handy, but not required) and listservs
- Assist with marketing and communication for Hokie Wellness
Academic Year or Calendar Year: Flexible
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-10 hours per week
How to apply for this job:
Applicants should complete an online application visit the Hokie Wellness website, under About Us, Jobs to complete the online application.
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 7, 2017. Application reviews will begin April 10 with interviews beginning April 17. The search will remain open and applications accepted until the position is filled.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Ana M. Agud, CWWS|Wellness Program Coordinator
Human Resources – Hokie Wellness
North End Center
300 Turner Street NW, Suite 2300 (0318)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-1228 | phone
540-231-3830 | fax