Career and Professional Development is looking to hire new Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) for spring 2017! We are looking for enthusiastic students to join our team and serve as a vital link between Virginia Tech students and the Career and Professional Development staff, as well as fill essential roles in advising and educating students and providing project and programming assistance to the Career and Professional Development staff. Major responsibilities include advising, outreach and education, and programming.
The application opens Thursday, October 20th and is due by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 7th to Career and Professional Development. We will be holding an Open House and Information Session on Wednesday, October 26th from 3:30 to 5 p.m. for students to meet and hear from current PCAs about their experience. The Open House is a time to stop in and ask questions from 3:30 to 4 p.m. and then again at 4:30 to 5 p.m. The Information Session will be from 4 to 4:30 p.m. Please feel free to come by any time from 3:30 to 5 p.m., even just for a few minutes! The application and information can also be found on our website here.
- Freshmen and sophomores from all majors are welcome to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Participation during Spring 2017 and continue into the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Attendance at extended training in January and August 2017.
- Attend weekly hour long staff meetings on Friday mornings, time TBD.
- 3-4 hours a week between the hours of 12-3 PM during Spring 2017 and 10 hours a week during 2017-2018 academic year.
- Availability during some weekend and evening hours for special events and presentations.
- Interest in helping Virginia Tech Students with career and job search concerns.
- Ability to relate and interact with individuals both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Takes initiative and follow through on necessary details.
- Demonstrates professional communication when working with supervisors, co-workers and students
- Willingness to work in a team setting and build rapport with other PCAs and Career and Professional Development Career and Professional Development