Working Title: Employee Wellness Student Program Assistant, part-time
Virginia Tech Hokie Wellness works to provide programming and resources that will enhance employee and student health and productivity by focusing on the physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all university employees and their families.
Virginia Tech Human Resources Department seeks qualified student candidates for the part-time student program Assistant position under the Hokie Wellness employee program. As part of a small team, the program assistant for Hokie Wellness will assist in most areas of the program. This includes planning and working events, maintaining the website, promoting programs via social media, content development for website, programs, and presentations.
- Health/Wellness-related experience (either through academic – HNFE/PHS major – or work)
- Customer-service experience
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Be able to perform light exercise for up to an hour
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (on rare occasions)
- Self-starter and initiative to go above and beyond
Strong, creative writing abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to communicate professionally with businesses and co-workers
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) knowledge
- Maintain Website (simple HTML knowledge is handy, but not required) and listservs
- Help plan and execute events for 30-1000+ people
- Promote Hokie Wellness and its events through use of social media
- Assist with presentation preparation and presentations
- Assist with preparing program reports and evaluations
- Assist with marketing and communication for Hokie Wellness
Academic Year or Calendar Year:
M-F, 8-10 hours per week, flexible, will work with student class schedule to determine work hours.
How to apply for this job:
Applicants should complete an online application on the Hokie Wellness website.
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter. Deadline to apply is April 8. Application reviews will begin April 11 with interviews held on April 29 and May 2. The search will remain open and applications accepted until the position is filled.
- Cover Letter
- List of References