Virginia Commonwealth University is pleased to offer the Summer Academic Enrichment Program (SAEP). SAEP is an intensive, six-week inter-professional program designed to enhance the preparation of junior and senior undergraduates, and post-baccalaureate students, actively pursuing enrollment in a health professions school. The curriculum is designed around an interprofessional framework that provides:
- Introduction to the rigor of first-year health professions courses at VCU through three professional-level science courses
- Discipline specific instruction time (dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy)
- Workshops on admissions, professionalism, test-taking and learning skills
- Individual and group counseling
- Mock interviews
- Seminars on current and relevant health sciences topics
- Community service opportunities
- Networking and social events
Students apply to one of four tracks (dentistry, medicine, pharmacy or physical therapy), which will determine their discipline specific concentration.Upon completion of the program, participants will have the tools that will help them to assess their strengths and weaknesses in regards to application into a health professions school.
The 2016 application deadline is February 1, 2016. SAEP will run from May 23 – July 1, 2016. Application and program details are available on our website, www.dhsd.vcu.edu.