Leadership Opportunity with Teen Engagement Program
Teens who drop out of school suffer lifelong consequences. The Youth Health Equity Leadership Institute (YHELI) seeks a project coordinator in Danville, Virginia. A strong candidate is needed to motivate and train 9th graders at two high schools to act as peer leaders. The program manager will meet with students after school and in a two week summer session. A curriculum is provided for training and skill building. The program manager will develop community engagement opportunities for youth-participants to increase their understanding of health disparities, community health, and the root causes of poor health. Over the course of the four year program, groups of YHELI participants will identify community health priorities where they live, play, and learn, and create team-based projects to promote improved health by targeting policies, systems, and environmental factors that shape community health.
Currently recruiting for Youth Health Equity Leadership Institute (YHELI) Program Manager to lead and implement the YHELI project in Danville, Virginia. This contractor position will be housed at the Danville Health Department. This position’s normal work schedule is 32 hours per week and will require some evening work. Starting salary rate: up to: $25 hourly depending on qualifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position requires a self-starter to lead the Danville YHELI project in the following:
- Implementing all programmatic activities, including student recruitment, retention, and tracking; curriculum instruction; and facilitation/coordination of activities.
- Represent Danville YHELI at community events
- Collaborating with Danville Public Schools administration and staff as well as community organizations to meet the established goals, timeframes, and budget of the YHELI program.
- Fostering relationships among community-based youth and education programs, and other key partners to enhance the YHELI project.
- Collaborates with school officials to ensure the effective coordination of program schedules and related events for YHELI participants.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the YHELI’s instructional materials and equipment.
- Ongoing reporting to the Health Equity Specialist in the areas of planning, management, and program execution. Ensures the program’s successes and needs are appropriately communicated, and builds and maintains community partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, childhood development, communication, social work, health or human service related field.
- Experience working with at risk youth in community-based settings or some combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of factors impacting educational attainment – graduation.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience in youth program management and related work activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational/management skills
- The ability to work with broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Must be licensed to drive in Virginia and willing to use personal vehicle.
- A background check including criminal history will be conducted.
How to Apply:
Contact: Caliper Temp Agency.
Recruiter: Kyle Evans Phone: (804) 762-9989 Email: email@example.com