The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine, along with the majority of osteopathic colleges, will conduct their first ever Virtual Fair on Wednesday, August 1st from 9am-11pm ET. This is a great opportunity to get the answers you need about osteopathic medicine and each schools’ mission. In addition, they plan to have current medical students and D.O. physicians as well as AACOM staff on hand to answer questions.
Register for free today @ careereco.com/events/aacom.
Just a reminder that the 2018-19 cycle of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) launched on July 6!
Interested students are able to access the application, gather information and requirements for programs, and submit materials by visiting www.ptcas.org.
As a reminder, the Early Decision deadline is August 15, 2018. A list of programs participating in this process can be found by clicking here. The first regular decision deadline is October 1, 2018. A list of all program deadlines can be found by clicking here.
If you are interested in public health, this virtual fair is a great way to get in touch over summer break! Students can meet SOPHAS representatives, This Is Public Health Ambassadors, and admissions representatives from over 60 schools and programs of public health! To learn more about the This Is Public Health Virtual Fair and register for FREE, please visit the event website.
We’re happy to announce the 2019 AMCAS application opened for submission at 9:30am ET today. Good luck in your application process.
Register Now to attend the FREE Optometry Virtual Fair on June 12, 2018
Save precious time and find out which Doctor of Optometry Program is best for you!
The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicineis hosting a DO Open House in Philadelphia this Friday, May 18th. Just minutes from Center City Philadelphia, one of the country’s premier cities for medical education, their students study in a dynamic, highly supportive academic community.
As a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) student, one learns a holistic approach to health care—treating disease in the context of the whole person, considering the interrelationships of all body systems, as well as factors such as nutrition, environment and psychology.
Their open house is scheduled from 4:00pm -8:00pm. All program details are found at pcom.edu; with an online link is available for easy registration here.
The VMCAS 2019 application cycle will open on May 11, 2018 at around 10am Eastern Time. For tools and resources, as well as a link to the application, please see the AAVMC’s VMCAS Page
A few notes on the VMACS 2019 Cycle:
- The 2018/2019 VMCAS Fee Reimbursement Program will launch on June 1st, 2018
- AAVMC/VMCAS will be organizing a Fee Assistance Program for residents of Puerto Rico for the VMCAS 2019 cycle. More information coming soon.
- The VMCAS 2019 deadline is: September 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time without exception
- Official Transcripts Must Be received (or postmarked) no later than September 17th. No late transcripts will be accepted.
- GRE: Check with veterinary schools regarding GRE requirements. We are aware of multiple schools that no longer require the GRE.
- VMCAS 2019 Resources:
A Note About Etiquette
- VMCAS expects all applicants to exhibit professionalism when contacting customer service. Applicants must identify themselves properly and honestly, as information cannot be provided to parents, spouses, family members, or friends. Misrepresentation of identity and/or dishonest, threatening, or offensive communication will not be tolerated.
Please RSVP no later than May 18 here