Are you graduating this spring? Does the daunting prospect of purchasing a cap and gown make you want to skip your graduation ceremony?
Never fear: the Graduate Student Assembly’s “Dr. Rich” Cap and Gown Program will loan a limited number of graduation gowns and caps to graduate students participating in Spring 2018 graduation ceremonies. Go to that graduation ceremony and bask in the glory of your accomplishments!
Each student who wins the lottery will be eligible, in exchange for a $10 fee, to rent a gown in their respective size AND one (one size fits all) cap. The hood and tassel are NOT provided by GSA and should be purchased by the student. As this is a free loan program, students will be held fully responsible for returning the gown and cap in fair condition to the GSA. Please keep in mind that these caps and gowns may have been used in previous years, but have been cleaned prior to hand out.
Note that we accept cash or check as forms of payment. If you do choose to pay with a check, be sure to make it out to “Treasurer of Virginia Tech” and not to GSA.
Below a short timeline for the Cap and Gown Program:
- Lottery sign-up will begin Wednesday, April 4th, 2018, and run through Friday, April 20th, 2018. The lottery will go live at this link.
- Rental recipients will be notified on Friday, April 27th, 2018.
- Cap and gown pick-up will occur during the week of April 30th, 2018.
- Commencement takes place on Thursday, May 10th, 2018.
- Cap and gown returns will occur Thursday, May 10th after commencement through Monday, May 14th.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.