On the Day of Departure…Packed (yes) and Ready to Go (sort of)

Pierre the dino!
Meet Pierre, he’s the French dino who somehow made it to Utah in 2015 and is now traveling with me on this trip. There’s a backstory here, feel free to ask me!

Today’s the day! I haven’t been able to get super excited about this trip until almost 11p last night because…school. But then I couldn’t sleep.

It all seems surreal. I’ve never travelled outside the US and in a few short hours I’ll be on a plane halfway across the world. I’m nervous and excited and approaching this trip with a sense of wonderment rather than with any expectations.

I don’t know what else to say except that I’m not sure how I managed to pack 18 days worth of stuff into one suitcase and a backpack, but I did. Here goes nothing!

Along the way I’ll be blogging and Facebooking and tweeting and emailing (ayersk14@vt.edu). I also have Viber installed on my phone, so if you do that you can add me as a contact and we can chat there.

Assuming all goes well, I’ll be landing tomorrow at 10:30a (5:30a here) at London’s Heathrow airport. Then off to find our hostel and explore the city!!

Cheers!!