Day 16: Just Because it’s Gilded Doesn’t Make it Great

So, we last left off with the gawd-awfully awesome black and gold-gilded bathroom. I knew it was too good to be true – and it was. We were woken up in the middle of the night by “drip..splat…………….drip..splat……………..drip..splat” of the air conditioner. Positive: the room had AC. Negative: it dripped loudly onto the carpet. After a  middle-of the night trip to the front desk we were told that we could switch rooms in the morning.

We got to sleep in a little more and had breakfast at the hotel before we started out to visit Aarhus (pronounced oar-huus). As my luck has it, every single church was closed. Seriously – Scandinavian churches have something against me! We went to the Aros art museum where we saw some very interesting exhibits, including a room filled with fog and another with ceiling fans being reflected onto the floor. The most famous work of art here is The Boy.

Afterwards we took a walk up to Den Gamle By, an outdoor air museum that showcases Danish city life (unlike most other ones that highlight farming life). The Botanical Gardens were connected so we decided to take a horse and carriage ride around it. Gorgeous! We also decided to grab some lunch here and boy was I happy we did – they had meatballs! I know, dear readers, that you’ve picked up on the lack of meatballs in my postings so I’m happy that I am able to bring them back one more time. They were actually quite tasty and I’m glad that I was able to have them one last time.

After changin grooms and relaxing (aka napping due to the lack of sleep due to the AC the previous night) we headed out to the canal for dinner before heading back to the hotel and bed. Only one more full day in Denmark before we head back to the good ole U.S.of.A.

Category(s): Uncategorized