Day 9: Swedish Outdoor Activities – I think I’ll keep my day job

Today was an “off” day that was spent at an outdoor adventure area. We got to Ramkvilla at 10am and first had seven teamwork activities. My team competed valiantly but sadly came in last. However, one of the activities was the rope-tieing competition where all four people – never letting go of the roap, had to tie a square knot. I’m proud to say that our group came in first with a quick time of 2:36. Only one other team completed it and there time was over four minutes.

Afterwards we were turned loose to hike, bike, canoe, kayak, or just laze around in the sauna and hot tub. I was having some aching back muscles from the super soft beds so I opted for the sauna and hot tub first. I think I actually fell asleep in the hot tub – it felt that great. Afterwards I made my way over the most awesome activity of the day – competitive ax throwing! Sadly, I need to keep my day job but it was quite fun.

Ax Throwing

Ax Throwing

After this I decided that it was such a pleasant day that I would just take my book and sit by the lake until it was time to head back to Vaxjo.

Sitting by the Lake

Sitting by the Lake

The evening was spent in the hotel bar working with roomie Allison on our early morning presentation about Stora Enso, one of the largest paper manufacturers in the world. After a quick repacking of my clothes (I seriously have no clue why I cannot keep that suitcase more organized!) I was off to bed.

Category(s): Uncategorized