Draw Better ~ Fact or Fiction

DRAWING IS HARD

I used to love to draw when I was a kid. I tried drawing video game characters that I loved delay, but they always turned out bad and I became frustrated. Drawing is still a difficult process, but now I have patience! A skill that I feel rules all challenges you may face.

In terms of things to help with becoming a better drawer, I hear “draw” which is true, but not helpful to someone who’s trying to learn and getting nowhere. However, some tips like drawing patterns without the aid of a ruler, which seem more helpful, because being able to control your hand is very important. I do feel there is a sense in which your hand “has a mind of its own” when you learn how to draw better. It comes naturally from being able to control the pencil in the way you intend. A lot of people also struggle with drawing what they picture in their head, and for that, I feel it best to try to draw things that are not in your head, or even better, try to trace out another drawing or photo perfectly. It could be a potential lifesaver for developing good technique.

However, I have a personal solution that I think might help. Personally, when I write on something or with something that doesn’t play nice (such as bad chalk on a blackboard), you have to train extra hard to write better. Giving yourself these difficulties might be the best way to train for a writing utensil that plays much nicer. I want to learn how to write with chalk, but I have really awful chalk, but I am definitely getting better with it. Then look at something like this:

Draw Better ~ Fact or Fiction

It might not be directly related to drawing but it takes penmanship and a careful hand to do that. It’s just gorgeous! So, I guess what I’m trying to say isĀ write with chalk.