Below are a list of some options for support groups on campus. The most up-to-date list provided by the FIWGSA DEI Subcommittee can always be viewed here.
- Black Mental Health Matters
- Beyond Boundaries
- APIDA Mental Health Support Group at Virginia Tech
- Q*mmunity Support Group
- Ebony Women of Excellence
- Rainbow Recovery
Black Mental Health Matters – Virginia Tech’s Cook Counseling Center
- Virginia Tech’s Cook Counseling Center mental health resources can be found here.
Beyond Boundaries: A Support Group for Students with Disabilities/DisabledStudents
- Tues. 5 pm, every other week | More info and how to register here
- For VT Students only – Provided by Virginia Tech’s Cook Counseling Center.
- Open to all Virginia Tech students who identify as disabled/ having a disability.
APIDA Mental Health Support Group at Virginia Tech
- Biweekly Meeting (Mondays 4:00 pm) | Registration Link Here
- Sponsored by ACEC, aKDPhi, AAMHA, & Cook Counseling Center.
- For questions, contact Dr. Nina Ha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q*mmunity Support Group
- Mondays from 5:30-6:30PM in the LGBTQ+ Resource Center
- This group welcomes folks who identify as LGBTQ+, as well as those who are exploring their gender and/or sexual identity, to connect and share their experiences. Feel free to come late, leave early, and/or bring food. Meeting format and mask requirements subject to change based on university guidance.
- For questions or more information, contact Dr. Jess Westcott (email@example.com) or Swathi Prabhu, MA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ebony Women of Excellence
- September 16th at 6p in Newman Library 207A, Meet & Greet
- Ebony Women of Excellence is a support group for women that provides a safe community of peers that allows for authenticity, empathy, and relevant problem solving, specific to their experience as Black women. Our mission is to empower, inspire, and liberate Black women so that they may thrive in their fullest expression of truth, power, and embodiment. Join us.
- The group is a collaborative effort of SOAR, the Women’s Center, and the Black Cultural Center.
- Learn more @ https://www.womenscenter.vt.edu/advocacy/EWOE.html
- Recovery Community @ Virginia Tech
- LQBTQ+ All Recovery Meeting
- First, Third and Fifth Sundays @ 11am
- In person: Virginia Tech Women’s Center, Rear Entrance, 206 Washington St SW
- Zoom ID: 838 4219 0063
- spAAce weekly meetings starting on Tuesday, September 21st, 6-7 p.m. in row LGBTQ+ Resource Center (Squires 227).
- A space for those on the asexual and romantic spectrums as well as those questioning and allies.
- Find us on Discord and also join the mailing list: groups.google.com/a/vt.edu/g/spaace-g