Finding My Site

When assigned our site-specific build project, I had three locations in mind. However, once I came upon this site, I got inspired and decided to throw out my other three potential spots.

I was walking across to the academic side of campus one evening when I walked by this set of trees. At the time I was passing by, it was about 6:30, and the sunlight was streaming through the one tree where the trunks separate into a V shape. Seeing this literally made me stop and look at it longer. Then I began to think about what it would look like to have a seemingly natural stained glass window placed in between the V of the tree.

The reason for choosing this site is because of the way I reacted to it in it’s totally natural state, without any manmade aspect to it. I feel like people are constantly walking around and on the go without ever slowing down to appreciate the beauty of their surroundings, especially on the academic side of campus. My goal is simply to make a piece that can enhance the beauty of the site that first made me stop and stare in admiration.