Final Project

For my final project, I’ve gotten my portion of my final project finished, and I’ve emailed the code out to all my group members to work on. There might be a couple issues with my team members making use of the code, but for the most part I believe it’s done. Using python and an imported library called “BeautifulSoup” to parse html was a little tricky at first, but I’ve got it down now and would consider myself an “adept amateur”  at parsing html. A couple of issues me and one member ran into was authenticating thru an online server, and sometimes, if we query the server too many times in a given period, we become rate limited and can’t test out the code for the most part. Luckily, we only got locked out once in a 30 minute period or so, but it does make us cautious of changing one line of code, testing it out, and then trying again from the given results of runtime. We had to make all changes methodical; every run must count! Hopefully it’s almsot done with, and then I can help look over it, polish it, and then we can submit it

Leave a Reply