Outreach and service

As a professional immersed in an academic career, I understand the importance of giving back to the university and the community. Particularly, providing support to our underserved and most vulnerable communities.

DEI committee

Graduate Student Advocate in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee form the Biochemistry Department at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. My role is to act as a bridge between graduate students and the committee, for matters of diversity, equity and inclusion. I also assist the department head in leading discussions between students and faculty.

ISAB

The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) represents the needs and interests of the international student community at Virginia Tech by providing a forum for international students to give constructive feedback on initiatives, programs, policies, and services that impact international students. My role is to voice the opinions of international graduate and undergraduate students and the board, and provide critical feedback to the VT Cranwell International Center in student matters..