Education

“The construction industry demands professionals and leaders that make substantial contributions to the field in both research and practice” – A challenge I wish to take up

Since I was doing my undergraduate studies I was wondering why most of the public projects built in my country were always delayed and over budget. At some point, I was tired of reading on the news that all the important projects were extremely delayed and because of that, they did not have more funding to continue with their construction. I was curious about why it was so difficult to finish a project on time, within budget, and fulfilling all the quality standards. That’s how and why I became interested in Construction Management.

Unfortunately, in Colombia, research into construction management is not a priority. There is a shortage of research groups and universities performing cutting-edge research in this area. Because I am interested in learning from the best, I chose the Vecellio Construction Engineering and Management Program at Virginia Tech to achieve my goal of expanding my background in the construction management and strengthening my research skills.

Virginia Tech, United States

• Ph.D. Candidate in Civil Engineering (May 2020)

Universidad Industrial de Santander, Colombia

• MS.c in Civil Engineering, 2016
  • BS. in Civil Engineering, 2013

Certificates

• Engineering Education, May 2020. Virginia Tech
  • Future Professoriate Graduate, June 2019. Virginia Tech
  • Construction Manager in Training (CMIT), April 2018. Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)