© 2017 davidshaltanis. All rights reserved.

UA Curry 4

Under Armour shocked the sneaker world a couple months ago when Steph Curry revealed the new UA Curry 4s in game 1 of the NBA finals. previous to the game there had been no image leaks as UA did a great job hiding its new design from everyone. I live for these moments, Steph Curry is my favorite current athlete and as a shoe lover I was thrilled to see Steph wear a hot new shoe in the finals. I recently read an article about Steph and his sponsorship with UA to which he said he “shocked the sneaker world”. That statements pretty accurate as Curry has been known to take some heat for the shoes he’s been given, but the release of the 4s had an overall very positive response.

Curry 4 head designer Kort Neumann started from step 1 when it came to making the brands 4th iteration of the Curry line. A ton of weight was shaved down from the medial arch area with an exposed fiber plate, maintaining flex in the forefoot while also containing your foot. They created a new lightweight foam technology for the midsole, but most importantly they incorporated a mechanical stretch to their knit upper. This in particular is useful to Steph as he wears large ankle braces and need to have the shoe fit comfortably over them.

I will certainly be on the look out to buy a pair.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/12/12/stephen-curry-warriors-under-armour-nike-adidas-kevin-durant